The age of social media is going well, and the photo sharing app Instagram is one of the hottest social platforms. We’ll show you why it’s important and how to get started.
What is Instagram?
Instagram is essentially a camera smartphone application built behind a social community to share photos. This application was purchased from the creator by Facebook, the world’s leading social media network.
Instagram was designed to take advantage of the ever-improving technology crossover between smartphones and photos. Every year, new mobile devices feature a built-in camera feature as their main selling point.
Why is it important, mainly for the increasing photo and short video-driven world of social sharing?
- Instagram is currently the fastest growing social media platform in the world.
- Over 1 billion users worldwide (June 2018)
- Over 60% of users log in daily to create a platform next to Facebook in terms of participation.
- The platform is expected to receive over 100 million new image uploads daily. It is also the highest online spending demographic.
Health, beauty and fashion are the dominant categories within Instagram, but travel and cooking are also very popular.
Until recently, Instagram was completely unaffected by the ad format. The user’s Instagram timeline chooses to follow intentionally and only images posted by other users will be entered. Therefore, we consider the platform to be one of the most controlled and non-invasive social media platforms. In short, despite being the least invasive, Instagram has a very personal relationship with its users. It is often referred to as a highly motivational rubber-like platform that facilitates personal discoveries.
Instagram has added video capabilities to its platform over the last 12 months. This allows you to use up to 15 seconds of video (including audio) instead of images. This means that as a brand, you can use Instagram for more creativity. You can also use it to build more personal relationships with your users. Some Instagram users have gained celebrity status similar to what YouTube Vlogger enjoys, showing how powerful the platform is and why it’s worth including in a social media marketing plan. ..
How do you use it?
Many advertisers and brands create engaging content to gain direct followers and connect with their target audience on Instagram. This is something that can be achieved quite easily within a reasonable range at the expense of your smartphone and your art/photography talent. Paid ads on
Instagram are still only available for new limited brands, with more public platforms coming in 2016. When it becomes available, Facebook has announced that paid advertising will be minimized. We’re hoping that the organic nature that doesn’t get in the way of the app will continue.
Currently, the only way to generate traffic to clicks and other online assets through Instagram is a single link on your account’s homepage.
By creating compelling content and gaining followers, you can ultimately increase brand awareness and increase awareness of new products. Starting with Instagram,
Instagram’s growth is accelerating and it’s a very personal and unobstructed place for users’ lives, so it’s this platform that all brands, especially those in the retail or lifestyle sectors, should definitely take advantage of.
Getting started is simple. Download the app to your smartphone or tablet.
- Create a username and password.
- You must enter your profile information and include a link to the biographical website (how users navigate from your Instagram profile to the website).
- Use the magnifying glass icon to find brands and users with similar interests to you and your brand consumers.
- You can immediately upload the image to your Instagram profile. Must include captions and related tags.
- You can click the heart icon to like other users’ photos.
You are now ready to start posting great images. Use comment section if you have any questions or reactions.